The journey of eating healthy is not only difficult, but some takeout foods come to haunt you in your dreams.
I wake up dreaming of those oily take outs, but then restrain is an important human character.
I worked and created a few healthy chicken recipe for weight loss for days I could not shrug off the evil thoughts of giving in and ordering a takeout.
These recipes are hearty, healthy, and appetizing for the takeout-addicted taste buds. Yeah, this is one crucial part, so I wanted to address that taste bit as a priority.
Table of Contents
5 Healthy Chicken Recipe for Weight Loss
Here are my top five healthy chicken recipes for weight loss and days when life isn’t going your way.
I know what you are thinking! Store-bought teriyaki sauce isn’t healthy.
But I got a healthier alternative.
This healthy chicken recipe for weight loss is for days when you crave flavorful and saucy teriyaki sauce but cannot buy it because of the hefty qualities of sodium and sugar.
I am going to make the killer teriyaki sauce today. And mark this day in the history of your chef’s diary – you nailed a good one.
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ½ pound chicken breast
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch to make the slurry
- Sesame seed (for garnish)
Method to Make Teriyaki Chicken
- In a large skillet, add canola oil on medium heat.
- Stir fry the chicken on the skillet for five minutes on each side, then remove.
- In the same skillet, add all the ingredients and stir until it is combined into the beautiful sauce.
- The sauce thickens as you add slurry, giving it the right texture.
- Bring the chicken back into the skillet and coat it in the sauce. Bring the whole breast or a thinly sliced piece after the chicken is cooled from quick fry.
- After a couple of minutes, take it off the heat.
You can consume it with brown rice, vegetables, or even a lettuce bowl. The chicken is succulent, juicy, and decadent, just like the Chinese takeout teriyaki chicken tastes.
I cried over the bowl of chicken and brown rice for how I accomplished a decent take on a health-debasing teriyaki sauce – simple joys of life!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Mushrooms, Garlic, and Chicken – what else can one ask for? This is one of the creamiest, yummiest, and under 30-minute recipes. This recipe ticks all the boxes for the nights when you want easy comfort food. Here is what you will need for the healthy chicken recipe for weight loss.
Ingredient for Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Chicken breasts – 1.5 pounds skinless
- Chicken broth – 1 ¼ cup
- Button mushrooms – 8 ounces
- Cornstarch – ½ tsp
- Salt and pepper – ½ tsp
- Fat-free of light cream cheese – 4 ounces
- Chopped parsley – 1 tbsp
Method for Healthy Chicken Recipe for Weight Loss
- Start by cooking the chicken in a pan on medium heat. Cook each side until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside once done.
- To make mushroom sauce, heat one teaspoon of olive oil and fry mushrooms until golden brown. Add garlic so the mushrooms are fragrant.
- Pour the broth into the mushroom mixture and make cornstarch slurry on the side. Add slurry and seasoning. Add cream cheese and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Now add chicken breast back to the pot. Add hot sauce and chopped parsley.
- You can replace cream cheese with heavy cream or coconut milk for a keto-friendly alternative.
- You can use vegetable broth if chicken broth is not available.
Healthy Twist of Chicken Pot Pie
You do not need to hop up on calories and sodium to have a good serving of chicken hot pie. Pot pie makes it to my journal of chicken recipe for weight loss for its freshness and taste. Here is what you need to get on your next grocery trip to make this healthy chicken recipe for weight loss
What You Will Need
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Carrot – 2, chopped
- Peas – 1 ½ cup
- Mushroom – 2 cups white or cremini
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Chicken broth – 2 cups low-sodium
- Cooked chicken – 2 cups, can be leftover or store-bought
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper
- Egg whites – 2
- Puff pastry sheet – 1, defrosted
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- In a pan of your choice, heat the butter.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Onions will become translucent, which would be the sue to add mushrooms.
- Next, stir the chicken and flour so the vegetables are equally coated. Add chicken broth and whisk so there are no lumps. Keep whisking at low flame so the sauce gets a smooth texture.
- Once you feel the sauce is even and there are no lumps, add milk and half-and-half. Stir to ensure the sauce is the right consistency of thick.
- Time to add peas and seasoning; meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- In a pan, roll out the puff pastries and spread the chicken mixture evenly. Then, place another sheet on top of the bowl, sealing the corners and trimming the excess.
- With a baking brush, nicely lather the puff sheet with egg whites. Bake for roughly 25 minutes until the layer of sheet is golden brown.
- Replace half quantities of half-and-half with ½ cup milk.
- You can roll the puff pastry to make it thinner to lessen the calorie impact.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This one is my favourite. When nothing seems right, a warm bowl of noodle soup ends the day on a good note. I have a very healthy chicken recipe for weight loss.
It hardly takes fifteen minutes if you have all the ingredients. The best part is that you can make it using the ingredients available at home.
Things You Will Need
- Medium diced onion
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 chicken breasts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Cook the Instant Pot Noodle Soup
- If you have an instant pot, that’s grand. Set it on sauté mode and cook onion until soft. If you don’t have an instant pot, you can use a Dutch oven or any pot you have.
- Except for noodles, add all the ingredients and select Soup and High-Pressure modes on instant pot settings. Set it to cook for ten minutes. If not using an instant pot, put all ingredients in a lid for the contents to simmer. For contents to cut faster, dice them in thin pieces, including chicken.
- Release the pressure on the instant pot, take the chicken breasts, shred them, and discard the bay leaf. The same follows, except for releasing the pressure part of the course.
- Turn the settings of the instant pot to sauté mode again and add noodles when the broth starts bubbling. This should take approximately eight to ten minutes.
- Add chicken and seasoning. I fancy some chili garlic and Worcestershire shire in it; add them before you add noodles.
- As you pour it into a bowl, squeeze some lemon.
Chipotle Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
The Chipotle bowl will trump over those takeouts that haunt your dreams during the restraining times. It is so healthy, so full of nutrition, that it is criminal.
Here is What You Need for This Healthy Chicken Recipe for Weight Loss
- One boneless chicken breast
- 1 tsp chopped chipotle sauce in adobe sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned pinto beans
- ¼ cup pico de gallo (any other salsa would do)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges
Let’s Make the Salad
- First, you need to prepare the chicken. You can grill, broil, or pan-fry the chicken breast in a little oil.
- Combine chipotle, oil, garlic powder, and cumin in a bowl. Glaze the chicken with a chipotle mixture and cook both sides.
- Bring the chicken on a chopping board and let it cool before you chop it into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, add quinoa, lettuce, beans, avocado, Pico de Gallo, lettuce, and cheese.
- Sprinkle lemon and seasoning as needed.
I am always looking for ways to alternate those takeout foods with healthier versions.
You are what you eat: the cliché became clearer to me in the mid-thirties. Sodium and excessive oils get the better of health, and some of you will see these additives bloating the life out of you.
Hence, I work to make the healthy chicken recipe for weight loss in a version that is good for health and appetizing for taste buds: no compromise there. I hope you like these recipes and find some peace with delicious food made at home.
Have a look at this blog for some easy-to-cook vegetarian meal ideas, best for students who are always low on time.